An ardent creative (a piece of gratitude)

       The main element, leitmotif, reccurent theme; or whatever in any punk body of work is transpired soley by the daring and seditious creative and their ability to describe one's perceptions with zealous transparency and infectious passion; establishing emotion, discord, sadness, intimacy, rebellion as a dialogue and a legend in ones own life. Punk has done this for me as an individual with schizophrenia where there is a stigma suggesting disconnection, apathy and violence. For me; the inception of existing outside of the stigma was my emotional connection with music; henceforth allowed me to understand my emotions. Music helps me accept my emotions and thoughts as ubiquitous and unoriginal; therefore i am not isolated from the asset and gift of connection. The transparancy of the creative process has colored my world. Also; its has acknowledged my emotions as valid. Music has given me agency and zen. It has challenged me with poetry and zeitgeist instead of pity and blame. This is a thankyou in advance for allowing a schizophrenic to exist as a punk and not an apathetic space cadet. I hope this intersectional body of work affirms your worth. 

-Also i would like to thank my family and other loved ones for being supportive and honest. Happy Fall.

Comments

Popular Posts