Its the Way

Todays topic is bluntly; Pretty Girl by Sugarcult. The inception of this was my brooding over the Christian station infinitely pestering on the radio of my recovery coach's e-350. It just that it kinda killed off my spirit; the sound being soooo washed up. I dig bands like Relient K and The Almost; but other artists are like nooooo. Today, pretty girl started as an earworm and grew into a little blog. Pretty Girl has been one of my favorite songs since i was i believe 9 and between 2019 and 2021 it has played a huge role in my creative vision and in the darkest places in my life. The sound is a anthemic, rocksteady bass with dreary, serious riffs. The vocals are a hybrid of pop punk and ska. The lyrics are aphoristic and telling; which all are in my opinion; the criteria of a moody and introverted track. The meaning it has in my life is the polar shift in my inner self narrative when i experienced the violence of another and call it "them holding me accountable for my lack personality." The lyric "its the way that he makes you fall in love" played out when i was off the edge towards a cruel rejection; where intimacy was a poison rotting away what was already "dull", "off tempo" and "unenchanting". I felt like i lacked character depth and that i only an unwanted perversity in other's lives. Later, the song played a sexy role in my life; its sensual edge; recomposing the structure and sentiment of the events. I could reperceptualize my role and the outcome. Its amazing that music can do that. Im glad i actually completed this on my list of topics to blog; especially being a favorite.

Comments

Popular Posts